Re: [HACKERS] patch for memory overrun on Linux(i386)

От dg@illustra.com (David Gould)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] patch for memory overrun on Linux(i386)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > >That said, I have a plan in mind to get a nice performance boost for
> > palloc().
> > >As a side effect, I will guarantee 8 byte alignment of pointers returned
> > >from palloc().
> > >
> > Does this imply that more memory will be used that strictly necesary under
> > linux?
> >
> > With regards from Maurice.
>
> Actually, perhaps less memory, because malloc memory is not aligned on
> double boundaries, but this is all still just conjecture.

Ok, you've convinced me. Sheesh...

Change the description to "nice performance boost and use less memory".

;-)

-dg

David Gould            dg@illustra.com           510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software  (No, really)         300 Lakeside Drive  Oakland, CA 94612
 - I realize now that irony has no place in business communications.