Re: Fix pg_stat_reset_single_table_counters function

От Masahiro Ikeda
Тема Re: Fix pg_stat_reset_single_table_counters function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-08-13 04:12, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2023-08-10 17:48:10 +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>> Good catch! I've confirmed that the issue has been fixed by your
>> patch.
>
> Indeed.

Thanks for your responses!

>> However, I'm not sure the added regression tests are stable since
>> autovacuum workers may scan the pg_database and increment the
>> statistics after resetting the stats.
>
> What about updating the table and checking the update count is reset?
> That'd
> not be reset by autovacuum.

Yes. I confirmed that the stats are incremented by autovacuum as you
said.

I updated the patch to v3.
* remove the code to bump the CATALOG_VERSION_NO because I misunderstood
* change the test logic to check the update count instead of scan count

I changed the table to check the stats from pg_database to
pg_shdescription
because the stats can update via the SQL interface COMMENT command.

Regards,
--
Masahiro Ikeda
NTT DATA CORPORATION