Re: sequences

От Tim Clarke
Тема Re: sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-general
There's nothing really "in" a sequence, it just generates numbers for
you, generally for unintelligent primary keys. Those statements
perfectly create new sequences which will start from 1.

Tim Clarke
IT Director
Direct: +44 (0)1376 504510 | Mobile: +44 (0)7887 563420

On 24/06/2019 10:01, Karl Martin Skoldebrand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to troubleshoot a case where users are getting data from a
> database, despite they having said they are not interested.
>
> There is a number of sequences in the database in question, but to me
> they look “empty”, like stubs.
>
> *create sequence *db_table_seq;
>
> *alter sequence *db_table_seq *owner to *dbnameuser;
>
> (all names obfuscated)
>
> To me it look like the only thing going is changing the ownership of
> the sequence. For unknown reasons.
>
> What is your impression the intention is with this?
>
> //Martin S

> Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is
> proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy
> statement, you may review the policy at
> http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally
> http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within
> TechMahindra.

Telephone: Witham: +44(0)1376 503500 | London: +44 (0)20 3009 0853 | Frankfurt: +49 (0)69 7191 6000 | Hong Kong: +852
58031687 | Toronto: +1 647 503 2848
Web: https://www.manifest.co.uk/

Minerva Analytics Ltd - A Solactive Company
9 Freebournes Court | Newland Street | Witham | Essex | CM8 2BL | United Kingdom

Copyright: This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the named addressee
youmust not use or disclose such information, instead please report it to admin@minerva.info<mailto:admin@minerva.info>
Legal: Minerva Analytics is the trading name of: Minerva Analytics Ltd: Registered in England Number 11260966 & The
ManifestVoting Agency Ltd: Registered in England Number 2920820 Registered Office at above address. Please Click Here
https://www.manifest.co.uk/legal/for further information.