Re: Should autovacuum do a database wide vacuum near transaction limit?

От John Lister
Тема Re: Should autovacuum do a database wide vacuum near transaction limit?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Apologies resending to the list as used wrong account...

>> Was this expected behaviour with temporary tables?

>It's more expected behavior when you have long running transactions.
>I haven't seen it caused by temp tables.  Was the parent process in a
>really long transaction or just open a long time without one?

 The first thing I checked was for open transactions, but alas there were
none. I suspect the process had been open a long time without creating any
transactions, but don't know which process it was at this point, the
connection was owned by my colleague so need to check with him or look for
dead applications...

 John