- Архив списков рассылки pgsql-admin

От Houfek, Thomas
Тема
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

We are moving from Oracle to PostgreSQL and have hit a hitch.

We have a few views that we want to expose to partners at another institution.  However, we do not want them to be able to see the schemas or even really the names of our other databases.  I have found no way to hide databases and tables from users within a database cluster.  It appears that people have been complaining about not being able to do this in PG, going a long way back.   Is there presently some way to do this, that I have missed?   If not, what approach would you recommend to accomplish what we want to do here?

I appreciate any help you can give me!

Thomas

(Sent this before I subscribed to the list.  It looked like not being subscribed was holding up the post.  I don’t mean to spam you with reposts;  sorry for any trouble....)

---

Thomas Houfek

Project Manager, Center for Stem Cell Biology

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

thomas.houfek@vanderbilt.edu

(615) 322-9310