Re: Plpythonu extension

От Vincent Predoehl
Тема Re: Plpythonu extension
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Feb 20, 2019, at 6:26 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

On 2/20/19 2:28 PM, Vincent Predoehl wrote:

postgresql --with-python/
I am not really sure how the Brew system works, but it appears it is possible to request a fork or branch from the main project that will have the —with-python option enabled by default.  All I’m trying to do is learn PostgreSQL.  Can somebody just “tell” me how to get postgresql installed with python?  I am quickly getting in over my head.

Per a previous suggestion from Anthony:

Postgres.app
https://postgresapp.com/

Or from Peter's post:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I tried Peter’s post and there were clear instructions.  However, the default install still did not include plpythonu.  This is what I did:

 brew tap petere/postgresql

Then

brew install petere/postgresql --with-python

Which failed with invalid option —with-python.

Also tried

brew install petere/postgresql

Without any options.  It installed, but without the plpythonu extension.

I ran brew uninstall postgresql before trying any install command, of course.

I browsed the repo file postgresql@11.rb and the script did include the —with-python option, but I don’t know enough about Brew to understand why it didn’t work or if the script was actually used for the installation.