JDBC: New updates to CVS

От Peter T Mount
Тема JDBC: New updates to CVS
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I've just commited some updates to the JDBC driver. What follows is an excerpt
of what's been done over the last couple of days.

Now, due to not having a working Linux box at home, I've not had chance to test
everything, but it's in there for you to try out. I'm busy for the rest of the
week, so email me if you find any problems and I'll look at it later.

I've got loads more to put in there over the next few days.

Peter

Thu Jan 18 17:37:00 GMT 2001 peter@retep.org.uk       - Added new error message into
errors.properties "postgresql.notsensitive"         This is used by jdbc2.ResultSet when a method is called that should
       fetch the current value of a row from the database refreshRow() for         example.       - These methods no
longerthrow the not implemented but the new noupdate         error. This is in preparation for the Updateable ResultSet
support        which will overide these methods by extending the existing class to         implement that
functionality,but needed to show something other than         notimplemented:           moveToCurrentRow()
moveToInsertRow()          rowDeleted()           rowInserted()           all update*() methods, except those that took
thecolumn as a String           as they were already implemented to convert the String to an int.       -
getFetchDirection()and setFetchDirection() now throws         "postgresql.notimp" as we only support one direction.
   The CursorResultSet will overide this when its implemented.       - Created a new class under jdbc2
UpdateableResultSetwhich extends         ResultSet and overides the relevent update methods.         This allows us to
implementthem easily at a later date.       - In jdbc2.Connection, the following methods are now implemented:
createStatement(type,concurrency);          getTypeMap();           setTypeMap(Map);       - The JDBC2 type mapping
schemealmost complete, just needs SQLInput &         SQLOutput to be implemented.       - Removed some Statement
methodsthat somehow appeared in Connection.       - In jdbc2.Statement()           getResultSetConcurrency()
getResultSetType()          setResultSetConcurrency()           setResultSetType()       - Finally removed the old
6.5.xdriver.

Thu Jan 18 12:24:00 GMT 2001 peter@retep.org.uk       - These methods in org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet are now
implemented:          getBigDecimal(int) ie: without a scale (why did this get missed?)           getBlob(int)
getCharacterStream(int)           getConcurrency()           getDate(int,Calendar)           getFetchDirection()
  getFetchSize()           getTime(int,Calendar)           getTimestamp(int,Calendar)           getType()         NB:
Whereint represents the column name, the associated version             taking a String were already implemented by
callingthe int             version.       - These methods no longer throw the not implemented but the new noupdate
  error. This is in preparation for the Updateable ResultSet support         which will overide these methods by
extendingthe existing class to         implement that functionality, but needed to show something other than
notimplemented:          cancelRowUpdates()           deleteRow()       - Added new error message into
errors.properties"postgresql.noupdate"         This is used by jdbc2.ResultSet when an update method is called and
  the ResultSet is not updateable. A new method notUpdateable() has been         added to that class to throw this
exception,keeping the binary size         down.       - Added new error message into errors.properties
"postgresql.psqlnotimp"        This is used instead of unimplemented when it's a feature in the         backend that is
preventingthis method from being implemented.       - Removed getKeysetSize() as its not part of the ResultSet API

Thu Jan 18 09:46:00 GMT 2001 peter@retep.org.uk       - Applied modified patch from Richard Bullington-McGuire
<rbulling@microstate.com>.I had to modify it as some of the code         patched now exists in different classes, and
someof it actually         patched obsolete code.

Wed Jan 17 10:19:00 GMT 2001 peter@retep.org.uk       - Updated Implementation to include both ANT & JBuilder       -
UpdatedREADME to reflect the changes since 7.0- Created jdbc.jpr file which allows JBuilder to be used to edit the
  source. JBuilder _CAN_NOT_ be used to compile. You must use ANT for         that. It's only to allow JBuilders syntax
checkingto improve the         drivers source. Refer to Implementation for more details

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/