Re: max_locks_per_transaction and partitioned tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: max_locks_per_transaction and partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Michael Holt <MHolt@terapeak.com> writes:
> We've had a system in operation for a few years that makes use of a substantial amount of partitioning. The parent
tablenow has over 4,000 children tables. Within the last couple of days the server started giving "out of shared
memory"errors with the suggestion to increase the max_locks_per_transaction.
> If the parent table is queried will it require a lock for each one of the child tables? I'm guessing it will.

Yup, it will.  I'm a bit astonished that you've gotten this far without
horrid performance problems.  The underlying mechanisms for inheritance
aren't really designed to scale past perhaps a hundred child tables.

От: Michael Holt
Сообщение: max_locks_per_transaction and partitioned tables
От: Michael Holt
Сообщение: Re: max_locks_per_transaction and partitioned tables