Sequence of characters not supported by psql/pg_dump

От
Тема Sequence of characters not supported by psql/pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello,

    I use PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on linux.
    The base was set with initdb -E UNICODE.

    I have many Strings with accents (french language).
    Some of them aren't supported by queries or pg_dump:

WORKING EXAMPLE:
DB=# select * from element_attribute  where java_lang_string like 'Scholtè_s';
 doc_id | tag_id | java_lang_string | type | java_lang_integer
--------+--------+------------------+------+-------------------
(0
rows)

NOT WORKING EXAMPLE (psql still waiting for characters to be entered):
DB=# select * from element_attribute  where java_lang_string like 'Scholtès';
DB'#

ERRORS IN FILE GENERATED BY PG_DUMP (AS A RESULT THE WHOLE TABLE WON'T BE
RESTORED):
2220    3    Faure    java.lang.String    \N
2221    3    Rosières    java.lang.String    \N
2222    3    Rosières    java.lang.String    \N
2223    3    Rosières    java.lang.String    \N
2224    3    Rosières    java.lang.String    \N
2225    3    Rosières    java.lang.String    \N
2226    3    Rosières    java.lang.String    \N
2227    3    Scholtès
2228    3    Scholtès
2229    3    Scholtès
2230    3    Scholtès
2231    3    Scholtès
2232    3    Scholtès
2233    3    Scholtès
2234    3    Scholtès
2235    3    Whirlpool    java.lang.String    \N

    As you can see, the string ended by 'ès' is quite lethal for Postgre.
    The success of pg_dump depends on database content !
    It seems that any string ending by an accent followed by less than 2 characters
is a problem.

    Is it a known problem?
    Is it a database configuration problem or a real bug in Postgre?
    This problem is on my production database. I would appreciate If you could give
me an answer soon on that point.

Thanks in advance.
    Samuel Minne