pgsql 7.1: int4out() brokeness?

От James Troup
Тема pgsql 7.1: int4out() brokeness?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : James Troup
Your email address      : james@nocrew.org

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)         : Intel Pentium

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)  : Linux 2.4.0 ELF

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-7.0)  : PostgreSQL-7.1 snapshot (from 2001-01-07 or -08)

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)           : gcc 2.95.2

int4out() seems to be broken which in turn breaks ODBC.

With pgsql 7.1:

 | template1=# create table x (y int4); insert into x values (31); select y, int4out(y) from x;
 | CREATE
 | INSERT 34029 1
 |  y  |  int4out
 | ----+-----------
 |  31 | 136420312
 | (1 row)

With pgsql 7.0.3:

 | template1=> create table x (y int4); insert into x values (31); select y, int4out(y) from x;
 | CREATE
 | INSERT 35923 1
 |  y  | int4out
 |  31 | 31
 | (1 row)

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

As above:

   CREATE TABLE x (y int4); INSERT INTO x VALUES (31); SELECT y, int4out(y) FROM x;

Both rows returned should (unless I'm missing something horribly
obvious) be 31.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

James