Mapping a database completly into Memory

От: Daniel Migowski
Тема: Mapping a database completly into Memory
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Daniel Migowski, )
 Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Franco Bruno Borghesi, )
    Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Franco Bruno Borghesi, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Bruce Momjian, )

Hallo pgsql-performance,

I just wondered if there is a possibility to map my database running
on a linux system completly into memory and to only use disk
accesses for writes.

I got a nice machine around with 2 gigs of ram, and my database at
the moment uses about 30MB on the disks.

Or does Postgresql do this automtatically, with some cache adjusting
parameters, and after doing a select * from <everything> on my
database?

Thank you and ciao,
 Mig-O