Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Daniel Migowski, )
 Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Franco Bruno Borghesi, )
    Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Franco Bruno Borghesi, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Bruce Momjian, )

Daniel Migowski <> writes:
> I just wondered if there is a possibility to map my database running
> on a linux system completly into memory and to only use disk
> accesses for writes.

That happens for free, if you have enough RAM.  The kernel will use
spare RAM to hold copies of every disk block it's ever read.

Сообщение: Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory
Сообщение: Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory