Re: Users and multiple server environment

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Users and multiple server environment
Дата
Altering column type causes unstable server and data loss.  (Michael Long <mlong@datalong.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Michael Long <mlong@datalong.com> writes:
> ./psql template1
> ./psql: relocation error: ./psql: undefined symbol: PQsetErrorVerbosity

> Is psql linked to the proper libraries?

> ldd /usr/local/pgsql_8.0b3/bin/psql
>         libpq.so.3 => /usr/lib/libpq.so.3 (0x40025000)

Obviously not :-(.  This should be pointing to /usr/local/pgsql_8.0b3/lib/
so it seems you didn't do the rpath enabling correctly; or maybe your
system is configured in a way that overrides rpath (do you have
LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in your environment?).

I don't have any more advice than that to give; you may need to find a
Linux shared-library guru to help you fix it.