Re: Adding an extra boolean column to "information_schema.columns" or "pg_attribute"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Adding an extra boolean column to "information_schema.columns" or "pg_attribute"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
GPT <gptmailinglists@gmail.com> writes:
> I would like to add an extra boolean attribute to table columns,

The contents of the information_schema views are specified by the SQL
standard (ISO 9075).  Since the entire point of having those views is to
have a standard-conformant way of accessing the information in the system
catalogs, adding nonstandard columns would rather defeat the purpose.
If you can persuade the relevant ISO standards committee that this is a
good idea, we will adopt the change when it appears in a published version
of that standard --- otherwise, it seems quite unlikely that we'd accept
a change to the view definition.

You'd probably be better off to define your own nonstandard view, IMO.

Сообщение: Re: Adding an extra boolean column to "information_schema.columns"or "pg_attribute"
Сообщение: Re: Adding an extra boolean column to "information_schema.columns" or "pg_attribute"