Re: Adding an extra boolean column to "information_schema.columns"or "pg_attribute"

От PT
Тема Re: Adding an extra boolean column to "information_schema.columns"or "pg_attribute"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 20:33:28 +0100
GPT <gptmailinglists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please visit the following link:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/q/48028501/8895614
>
> but thing may go further/deeper than it seems.

Adding columns to a built-in system table is liable to cause all sorts of
problems in the future: when you upgrade, migrate to another server, need to
create dev environments, etc.

The view technique described in the stackunderwhelm article seems like
a good solution to me. Maybe if you could explain why you are against
it?

--
Bill Moran

Сообщение: Re: Adding an extra boolean column to "information_schema.columns" or "pg_attribute"
Сообщение: Re: Adding an extra boolean column to "information_schema.columns" or "pg_attribute"