Re: Postgres (psql ?) rounds all odd second values to e

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Postgres (psql ?) rounds all odd second values to e
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

I've looked at the code you mentioned, did some experimenting.
I still don't understand why the negative case ? What dates would be in that
range ?
In any case, the negative number handling seems not doing the same thing as
the positive one.
The "rint" implementation on my test box has some inconsistentcies too:

rint(100) = 100
rint(100.49) = 100
rint(100.5) = 100
rint(100.51) = 101
rint(100.99) = 101

rint(101) = 101
rint(101.49) = 101
rint(101.5) = 102
rint(101.51) = 102
rint(101.99) = 102

rint(-100) = -100
rint(-100.49) = -100
rint(-100.5) = -100
rint(-100.51) = -101
rint(-100.99) = -101

rint(-101) = -101
rint(-101.49) = -101
rint(-101.5) = -102
rint(-101.51) = -102
rint(-101.99) = -102

Looks like rounding is not working always consistently for "xxx.5", and
sometimes rounds up, sometimes down. In any case it will NOT truncate, as
the int64 implementation does.
If I would understand the meaning of the negative case, I would try to find
a consistent solution here.

TIA,
Csaba.