C++ coding assistance request for a visualisation tool

От Justin Clift
Тема C++ coding assistance request for a visualisation tool
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi guys,

Is there anyone here that's good with C++ and has a little bit of time
to add PostgreSQL support to a project?

There is a 4D visualisation program called Flounder:

http://www.enel.ucalgary.ca/~vigmond/flounder/

And it does some pretty nifty stuff.  It takes in data sets (x, y, z,
time) and displays then graphically, saving them to image files if
needed, and also creating the time sequences as animations if needed.

Was looking at it from a "performance tuning tool" point of view.  i.e.
Testing PostgreSQL performance with a bunch of settings, then stuffing
the results into a database, and then using something like Flounder for
visualising it.

It seems pretty simple, and Flounder seems like it might be the right
kind of tool for doing things like this.  Was emailing with Edward
Vigmond, the author of it, and he seems to think it'd be pretty easy to
implement too.

Now, I'm not a C++ coder, and as short of time as anyone, so I was
wondering if there is anyone here who'd be interested in helping out here.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi