Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [GENERAL] DbVisualizer and PG 7.3?

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [GENERAL] DbVisualizer and PG 7.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
OK, I've asked my collegue why he needs the table=null.
His answer:
If you have a schema with a lot of tables (say n), you can get the relations
between them in 2 ways:
1)
  for (i iterate all tables)
    for (j iterate all tables)
      getCrossReference(i, j, ...)

This means n^2 queries;

2)
 for (i itearate all tables)
   getCrossReference(i, null, ...)

On Oracle this gets you all the realtions for table i.
This would mean n queries.

Now I'm not sure how standards compliant is the Oracle implementation, but
this behavior makes sense for me...

Cheers,
Csaba.