Re: How to assign multiple-users to a Postgres database?

От Yves Jacolin
Тема Re: How to assign multiple-users to a Postgres database?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Monday, July 06, 2015 16:56:59 KhunSanAung wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using Postgres database, and using the postGIS extensions for storing
> spatial datasets.
>
> I can create a user and a database.
> Currently I can assign one user as owner per one database and can login
> with pgAdminIII for administrating task.
>
> I'd like to allow more than one user to edit the data.
> Is it possible to create multiple users for a database?
> How can I do it?
>
> Thank you very much for any help.
Hello,

A short answer: you should create a ROLE for each user and give some grant
access to the database (and probably to Scheme and Table):

The GRANT synopsis is:

GRANT { { CREATE | CONNECT | TEMPORARY | TEMP } [,...] | ALL [ PRIVILEGES ] }
    ON DATABASE database_name [, ...]
    TO { [ GROUP ] role_name | PUBLIC } [, ...] [ WITH GRANT OPTION ]

So, one example could be:

GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE mydb TO yjacolin;

Regards,

Yves
--
Responsable Formation et Support