Re: authentication failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: authentication failure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> writes:
> On 01/03/2014 04:54 AM, Jayadevan M wrote:
>> Yes. All the basic checks I have done. I upgraded from CENTOs 6.4 to
>> 6.5. Another interesting thing - if I su - postgres and then try, it
>> works. So it has something to do with the chrt user (root) settings.

> It might be helpful to detail what are the 'basic' checks you did? Also
> whenever I see unexplained behavior of this nature on Linux I suspect
> SELinux. Is it enabled?

I'm wondering if there are two Postgres instances on the machine,
and the apparent inconsistency comes from connecting to one or the other.

A different line of thought is that connections from inside and outside
the chroot are getting different treatment in pg_hba.conf.

In any case, debugging this from the client's perspective is almost
impossible, because the server intentionally doesn't give a lot of
detail about why authentication failed.  You need to be looking at
the postmaster log, possibly with log_min_messages cranked up.

Сообщение: Re: Why the size (PQ_BUFFER_SIZE) of backend send buffers is 8192 ?
Сообщение: Re: Why the size (PQ_BUFFER_SIZE) of backend send buffers is 8192 ?