Re: [ADMIN] Replication slots and isolation levels

От Vladimir Borodin
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Replication slots and isolation levels
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

30 окт. 2015 г., в 16:04, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> написал(а):

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Vladimir Borodin <root@simply.name> wrote:
I still don’t fully understand why is it so (the problem occurs while
running only one SELECT-statement in READ COMMITED so only one snapshot is
taken), but if is expected behavior shouldn’t the documentation mention that
using READ COMMITED (which is the default) you may still get conflicts with
recovery while using replication slots?

Are you doing BEGIN / one or more SELECT statements / END?

Or just a bare SELECT with no explicit transaction control?

I’ve tried two ways - bare SELECT in autocommit mode and BEGIN; SELECT; ROLLBACK. I first described the problem in thread on pgsql-admin@ [0], there is copy-paste from psql there, but during conversation initial description was lost.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company