Full text search ordering question

От John Lister
Тема Full text search ordering question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi, is it possible to order the results of a full text search using another
field?

for example with the following table:

CREATE TABLE breadcrumbs ( node_id integer NOT NULL, breadcrumb character varying, textsearchable tsvector, views
integer,CONSTRAINT pk_breadcrumbs PRIMARY KEY (node_id)

)

I'd like to do something like this

select node_id, views from breadcrumbs  where textsearchable @@
to_tsquery('word') order by views desc limit 100;

As such I'd like to create a fts index on the textsearchable field and views
field such that it orders the results by the views column.

atm, this table has over 3M rows (and is likely to b magnitudes bigger) and
some words match hundreds of thousands of rows, The best i've got so far is
to create a fts index which is used and then the resulting rows are sorted
in memory. Unfortunately because of the number of rows returned this takes a
few seconds.

With a btree index i could index on the 2 columns and it would only hit the
index and take a fraction of a second.

I've tried the btree_gist module, but it doesn't make any difference (except
in letting me use an int in the gist index)

Any ideas or is this simply not possible?

Thanks

--

Got needs? Get Goblin'! - http://www.pricegoblin.co.uk/

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Sequence and nextval problem
Сообщение: Re: Sequence and nextval problem