Re: Migration \ OID question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Migration \ OID question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Lipker, Joseph" <Joseph.Lipker@WRECO1.com> writes:
> The application I inherited relies upon the oid's for primary keys.

It'd be a good idea to move away from that.

> The question is, after reloading the 7.2 version into the 8.19 version, should the migrated database be starting with
the203199999 as last oid and then assign 203200000 as the next oid?

No.

> What I am concerned about is when the 8.1.9 version assigns an oid that already exists.

If you have a unique index on the table's OID column (as one would hope,
else it's not good for much) then 8.1 and up will avoid assigning
duplicate OIDs.  There might be some performance glitches if you have
very long runs of consecutive OIDs in the same table, though.

От: "Lipker, Joseph"
Сообщение: Migration \ OID question
От: "John Lister"
Сообщение: Re: Incomplete Startup Packet on startup and when pg_maintenance --analyze runs in cron