Re: Security Concerns over User 'postgres'

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Security Concerns over User 'postgres'
Дата
Re: Security Concerns over User 'postgres'  ("Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen@esncc.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
"Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen@esncc.com> writes:
> We created our PostgreSQL instance by compiling it from source, and the
> instance is working just fine. User postgres runs the service; we do not
> know what the password is, and we think it got created automatically by the
> compile / install process.

Are you sure it even *has* a password?  In the default RPM installation,
user postgres is created without any password --- the only way to become
postgres is to su there from root, and if you've got root you hardly
need to crack into postgres.