Re: Re: VACUUM and 24/7 database operation

От David Wall
Тема Re: Re: VACUUM and 24/7 database operation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>   Well, here's what it comes down to:  Do you want updates to happen
> quickly, and vacuum when load is low, or do you want updates to be slow
all
> the time?  I suppose that there are some sites that can't find two minutes
> per day when updates will block (not selects), but I imagine they're very
few.

I think the problem is that there are log and audit files that are generally
big on inserts, with periodic cleanups after backing the data up to some
offline or other storage.  These are always being updated and are only
'select'ed when researching a customer complaint, break-in, general
troubleshooting, stats reports, etc.

David