psql: error while loading shared libraries: psql: undefined symbol: get_progname

От Kelvin T. Leung
Тема psql: error while loading shared libraries: psql: undefined symbol: get_progname
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am new to postgres. I hope that ppl out there can give me some help.

I have installed postgres on my system, which runs with Fedora 2 on a
P-IV machine.

I have created a postgres account. I am able to use psql (under
postgres a/c) without any problem.

I have created another postgres user account using my OS login name and
have given it all the
permission to create user and database.

Now, I am unable to run psql using my own OS login a/c. And I get an
error message:

    psql: error while loading shared libraries: psql: undefined symbol:
get_progname

I check LD_LIBRARY_PATH and it has  /usr/local/pgsql/lib in the path.

Any idea what went wrong?

I tried to use

    psql -d test -U kelvin -W xxxx

I still get the same error message.