Re: psql: error while loading shared libraries: psql: undefined symbol: get_progname

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql: error while loading shared libraries: psql: undefined symbol: get_progname
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Kelvin T. Leung" <kelvin@cs.ucla.edu> writes:
> Now, I am unable to run psql using my own OS login a/c. And I get an
> error message:
>     psql: error while loading shared libraries: psql: undefined symbol:
> get_progname

This is a version-skew issue: you are trying to use a psql executable
with a libpq.so library that's older or newer (I forget which) than the
psql executable is.

> I check LD_LIBRARY_PATH and it has  /usr/local/pgsql/lib in the path.

On Fedora (and other Linuxen) you should basically never rely on
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, for exactly the reason you're seeing here: programs
work or fail depending on environment.  The correct way is to set up
the ldconfig search path to include directories where shared libraries
exist.

Also, it'd probably be a good idea to make sure you have only one set
of Postgres executables+shared libraries on the machine.  You've
evidently got at least two :-(