Re: Email not searchable in our archives

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Email not searchable in our archives
Дата
Re: Email not searchable in our archives  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-www
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> The problem here is that your message contains a text/plain attachment
>> with the dreaded "^From " line, which causes Mhonarc to think it's a
>> separate message.  Not sure if there's something we can do about this.
>> One idea would be making the separator contain the list address in the
>> "^From " line.

> Yea, I can see how that would happen. Sorry.  I can probably modify my
> mailer to escape those "From" lines but that isn't going to fix it for
> other posters.

The "From " to ">From " kluge is supposed to happen during delivery into
a Unix-format mailbox.  There *is not* any restriction on messages in
flight that they not contain lines starting with "From ".  So if this
broke the archives, the fault is on the archives' side not Bruce's.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc822.html
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Email not searchable in our archives
Сообщение: Re: Email not searchable in our archives