Re: Email not searchable in our archives

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Email not searchable in our archives
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >> The problem here is that your message contains a text/plain attachment
> >> with the dreaded "^From " line, which causes Mhonarc to think it's a
> >> separate message.  Not sure if there's something we can do about this.
> >> One idea would be making the separator contain the list address in the
> >> "^From " line.
>
> > Yea, I can see how that would happen. Sorry.  I can probably modify my
> > mailer to escape those "From" lines but that isn't going to fix it for
> > other posters.
>
> The "From " to ">From " kluge is supposed to happen during delivery into
> a Unix-format mailbox.  There *is not* any restriction on messages in
> flight that they not contain lines starting with "From ".  So if this
> broke the archives, the fault is on the archives' side not Bruce's.

Well, I'm not sure the problem is the delivery either, because the
"From " line here occured in an attachment, not the email body itself.
I think this is more a bug in Mhonarc's message separation, which is way
too primitive.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: