Re: Could not create a tablespace - permission denied

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Could not create a tablespace - permission denied
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> writes:
> At it turned out, the postgresql server had cached the system user
> permissions, and it only started working after postgresql had been
> restarted and the cached credentials had been replaced.

I think this explanation is fiction ... there is no "cacheing of
credentials" in there that I know about.

Maybe the server had not been running under the userid you thought it
was?  But it would have to match the ownership of the data directory,
so it's hard to see how a simple restart would fix it.

[ thinks... ]  Hm, is the tablespace directory mounted over NFS?
I *have* heard of strange cacheing behaviors on NFS.  In fact,
NFS has enough weirdnesses that I wouldn't recommend running a
database over it ...

Сообщение: Re: Could not create a tablespace - permission denied
Сообщение: Re: Could not create a tablespace - permission denied