RE: [HACKERS] Associative Operators? (Was: Re: [NOVICE] Out of f rying pan, into fire)

От Michael Davis
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Associative Operators? (Was: Re: [NOVICE] Out of f rying pan, into fire)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I have not been able to track down any information on coalesce nor get
PostgreSQL execute it.  Where is this documented?
-----Original Message-----From:    Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5
[SMTP:Andreas.Zeugswetter@telecom.at]Sent:    Wednesday, March 17, 1999 1:29 AMTo:    hackers@postgreSQL.orgSubject:
Re:[HACKERS] Associative Operators?  (Was: Re:

[NOVICE] Out of f rying  pan, into fire)
>  > >> I tried to create a C function to overcome this but noticed
that if any> >> parameter in my C function is NULL then the C function always
returns> NULL.> >> I saw some references in the archives about this issue but was
unable> to> >> determine where it was left.  What is the status of this issue?> Yes, this is current behavior.
    > Would a compromise be to add DECODE and NVL ?
The Standard has the more flexible function COALESCE, which is
alreadyimplemented in postgresql.Simply say
coalesce(field_that_can_be_null,value_to_return_insteadof_null)
Andreas

От: Vince Vielhaber
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] aggregation memory leak and fix