RE: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys

От Michael Davis
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Excellent!  I will start working on it.

    -----Original Message-----
    From:    Byron Nikolaidis [SMTP:byronn@insightdist.com]
    Sent:    Thursday, February 25, 1999 8:38 AM
    To:    Michael Davis
    Cc:    'pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org'; pgsql postgres;
pgsql-hackers@postgreSQL.org
    Subject:    Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys

    Michael Davis wrote:

    > What is the possibility of recording foreign keys (a partial
foreign key
    > implementation) in the database such that the ODBC interface can
correctly
    > report them to client applications?  This would require an
enhancement to
    > Postgres and to the ODBC driver for Postgres.  I have a problem
with Access
    > 97 not working properly with forms that contain sub forms
representing
    > parent/child or master/detail tables.  For example: orders and
orderlines.
    > I think this is caused by the lack of foreign key support.  I am
basing this

    The driver does support SQLForeignKeys.  It does say it supports
this function
    in SQLFunctions.

    However, the current implementation is based on the SPI/trigger
stuff from the
    pg_trigger table.  If you don't have any trigger info, then
SQLForeignKeys will
    not report anything.  This is most likely the problem.

    Byron

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: