Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys

От Byron Nikolaidis
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

Michael Davis wrote:

> What is the possibility of recording foreign keys (a partial foreign key
> implementation) in the database such that the ODBC interface can correctly
> report them to client applications?  This would require an enhancement to
> Postgres and to the ODBC driver for Postgres.  I have a problem with Access
> 97 not working properly with forms that contain sub forms representing
> parent/child or master/detail tables.  For example: orders and orderlines.
> I think this is caused by the lack of foreign key support.  I am basing this

The driver does support SQLForeignKeys.  It does say it supports this function
in SQLFunctions.

However, the current implementation is based on the SPI/trigger stuff from the
pg_trigger table.  If you don't have any trigger info, then SQLForeignKeys will
not report anything.  This is most likely the problem.

Byron