Re: SQL Syntax Highlight Configuration

От Dave Page
Тема Re: SQL Syntax Highlight Configuration
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Maga Abdurakhmanov <maqdev@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't understand the reason why I should get rid of custom background and
> foreground. With this patch you have an option to use system background
> colour, or if you like it you can use your own background color, the same is
> with the foreground color.

I was going to say that basic elements of the user interface should
follow the users configuration in their chosen theme or whatever is
appropriate for their OS. We shouldn't start providing ways to
override what the system is setup to do as doing so for standard
elements essentially makes the themes mechanism redundant, and we'll
potentially end up having to add colour selection for countless
different things.

That said, I just checked both Visual Studio and XCode, and both of
those allow you to override the background colour as well as choose
custom foreground highlighting colours, so I guess my argument is
pretty weak :-(

Therefore, objection retracted.

--
Dave Page

Сообщение: Re: SQL Syntax Highlight Configuration
Сообщение: Re: SQL Syntax Highlight Configuration