Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches

От Dave Page
Тема Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Matteo Beccati <php@beccati.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Il 11/01/2010 11:18, Dimitri Fontaine ha scritto:
>>
>> AOX is already a database backed email solution, offering an archive
>> page with searching. I believe the searching is baked by tsearch
>> indexing. That's why I think it'd be suitable.
>>
>> They already archive and offer search over one of our mailing lists, and
>> from there it seems like we'd only miss the user interface bits:
>>
>>   http://archives.aox.org/archives/pgsql-announce
>>
>> I hope the UI bits are not the most time demanding one.
>>
>> Is there someone with enough time to install aox somewhere and have it
>> subscribed to our lists?
>
> I recall having tried AOX a long time ago but I can't remember the reason
> why I was not satisfied. I guess I can give another try by setting up a test
> ML archive.

I tried it too, before I started writing the new prototype archiver
from scratch. I too forget why I gave up on it, but it was a strong
enough reason for me to start coding from scratch.

BTW, we only need to replace the archiver/display code. The search
works well already.

--
Dave Page