Re: BUG #4785: Installation fails

От Dave Page
Тема Re: BUG #4785: Installation fails
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Krimstock, Roger I (Roger)
<rik@avaya.com> wrote:

> The one click from downloads on www.postgres.org. =A0Both the 8.3.7 and 8=
.4 versions. =A0The error message:

> ---------------------------
> Warning
> ---------------------------
> Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
> =A0Error reading file C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf
> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------
>
> I've tried to direct data to a different directory. =A0Looked at permissi=
ons, etc. =A0It just seems that this file is not created during installatio=
n/configuration.

The files is created during the initdb phase of the installation,
which if it fails *should* cause the installation to abort earlier on.
Can you dig out the log file and send it to me please (mask out any
instances of your chosen password first). You should be able to find
it in %TEMP%.

Regards, Dave.

--=20
Dave Page

От: "Krimstock, Roger I (Roger)"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4785: Installation fails
От: "Markus Meyer"
Сообщение: BUG #4794: server closed the connection unexpectedly