Re: Request for features - filtering options.

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Request for features - filtering options.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Marcin <marlag@fr.pl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I am not a subscriber of mailing list so maybe such idea was
>  already presented.
>
>  It would be nice to see (for me) 2 features in pgAdmin:
>
>  1. Table -> View data -> new option: View Bottom 100 Rows which would be
>  useful in case of checking last changes - otherwise I have view to Top 100
>  and change ordering

The Top 100 option simply shows the first rows in the arbitrary order
that the server reads them. 'Bottom 100' is meaningless without a
defined order which would obviously be table-specific. At best it
would mean 'the last 100 rows read from disk' but to get those, we'd
need to get all the preceding ones first which makes it pointless
limiting the size of the dataset in the first place.

>  2. Additional select box in View Data Options: "History" - after selecting
>  option remembered text (by table) would be pasted into Filter textarea.
>  It would be useful for often/similar filtering which are done during
>  data maintenance :) The best would be saving this history on the disk - to
>  use in the future.

Yes - I'd like to add something similar to the query tool.

--
Dave Page