Re: Installation problem "...The database cluster initialization failed.."

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Installation problem "...The database cluster initialization failed.."
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 8:32 PM, aerkain <aerkain@seznam.cz> wrote:

> - It is Windows Vista Business.
> - ..\PostgreSQL\8.3\data is existing and empty.
> - during uninstallation postgre has reported an error: unable to stop
> service
> - I have deleted PostgreSQL directiory (after uninstall), but when I try to
> install it still display message that "The database cluster initialisation
> failed."

Can you run it manually?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/app-initdb.html

--
Dave Page

От: "Alex"
Сообщение: BUG #4609: Installer cannot start postgresql service succesfully
От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Installation problem "...The database cluster initialization failed.."