BUG #4609: Installer cannot start postgresql service succesfully

От Alex
Тема BUG #4609: Installer cannot start postgresql service succesfully
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4609
Logged by:          Alex
Email address:      alexl22@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2+
Operating system:   Windows 7
Details:

Hi, I tried to install versions 8.2 and 8.3 of postgresql db on my machine
running Windows 7 Beta 1. All the installation process went fine until the
step when it tries to start postgresql service, where it fails saying that I
must verify the I have the rights to start system services.

After researching in the web and posting the problem into a forum, I found
that version 8.0 of postgresql works just fine in Windows 7, so I realized
that maybe something is wrong within the installer of versions 8.2 & 8.3
(maybe with other versions after 8.0, I just tested the ones I mentioned).
I'm aware that I'm using a Beta version of an OS and there's always issues
with certain software, but I think it would be nice if you can take a look
at this and look for a solution for future releases. Thanks!

Сообщение: Re: Installation problem "...The database cluster initialization failed.."
Сообщение: Re: Installation problem "...The database cluster initialization failed.."