Re: Performance Question

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Performance Question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 8:57 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> - - <themanatuf@yahoo.com> writes:
>> One of my tables has 660,000 records and doing a SELECT * from that table (without any joins or sorts) takes 72
seconds.Ordering the table based on 3 columns almost doubles that time to an average of 123 seconds. To me, those
numbersare crazy slow and I don't understand why the queries are taking so long. The tables are UTF-8 encode and
containa mix of languages (English, Spanish, etc). I'm running the query from pgadmin3 on a remote host. The server has
nothingelse running on it except the database.

> pgadmin has got its own performance issues with large select results.

They were fixed a couple of years ago. We're essentially at the mercy
of libpq now.

--
Dave Page