Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 18/01/2008, Stefan Schwarzer <stefan.schwarzer@grid.unep.ch> wrote:
> I don't understand it either, which is why I was wondering if it was
> running under some PPC emulation (can you run standard mac software or
> do you have to get special Intel versions).]

Yes, Apple have an emulation layer called Rosetta - but you said you
used MacPorts so you should have a native build.

> I have no idea how my old postgres config was. I've contacted already
> william@kyngchaos to see if he still has the old .dmgs, which is I
> think what I used to install postgres with.

Aha - previously undisclosed info :-) Yes, then it does seem quite
feasible that your old build was not only differing in achitecture,
but possibly also other configuration options that would have similar
effects.

Note to the other hackers - is it worth having initdb dump the
architecture details and configure options used into the cluster in a
human readble form so we can pickup on this sort of thing more easily
in the future?

Regards, Dave.