Re: IMPORTANT: two new PostgreSQL security problems found

От Thomas F.O'Connell
Тема Re: IMPORTANT: two new PostgreSQL security problems found
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I put together a little Perl script (which assumes proper installation
of both DBI and DBD::Pg and that template1 exists) that takes care of
the character conversion vulnerability:

http://www.sitening.com/postgresql-update-2005-1

I've run this on my development servers, and it seems to have had the
anticipated effect, but, as always, more eyeballs help. If anyone notes
any potential showstoppers, I'll gladly update the script.

I don't have tsearch2 installed anywhere, so I didn't bother with that,
but this script could probably be easily modified to address that
vulnerability.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell