Re: Setting oom_adj on linux?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Setting oom_adj on linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> There could well be moving parts if the user wants to adjust the value
> being written to oom_adj, and can't because it's compiled in.  I don't
> see why we can't just add a GUC for this and be done with it.

The number of users who will want to do that might be different from
epsilon, but not by enough to justify a GUC.  Furthermore, we don't have
any reasonable infrastructure for supporting platform-specific GUCs,
which means that the amount of effort you're proposing is extremely
large.

Сообщение: Re: RFC: PostgreSQL Add-On Network
Сообщение: Re: RFC: PostgreSQL Add-On Network