Re: Question to transaction ID wraparound

От Lentes, Bernd
Тема Re: Question to transaction ID wraparound
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Amit Jain  wrote :
Its a log analyzer tool through which you can trap the running queries and have reports about update/delete/insterts which are executing at  database system.
http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/

Lentes, Bernd wrote:
Lee Azzarello wrote:
Sometimes the number grows by 5 in one second.
I'm also astonished about the fact that all databases grow
by the same amount.
Do you have any explanations for this behaviour ?
Why are the numbers growing so quickly ?
What kind of work load is on the database?
How frequent are UPDATE/INSERT/DELETE statements called by
that workload?

If you don't already have the answer to these questions, I
would recommend a reporting tool like pgfouine to get them easily.

-lee

I don't have the exact answers to that question.
I think it should be a very tiny work load.
What is pgfouine ?

Bernd

I don't know this tool. I will install it and give information, when i'm ready.
Bernd