Re: Foreign Data Wrapper Handler

От Susan Hurst
Тема Re: Foreign Data Wrapper Handler
Дата
Re: Foreign Data Wrapper Handler  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-general
The first pass thru https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/fdwhandler.html
does not tell me what I think I need to know, but I will digest this
more thoroughly. Maybe I need to understand more of the lingo re:
foreign data wrappers. I do understand that all fdw names must be unique
within a database so if I want to connect to more than one foreign db, I
need a different name for each connection. I cannot name each fdw
postgres_fdw. I would like to name the fdws something like:
dbname_to_foreigndbname.

For example, here are 2 possible fdws:

create foreign data wrapper stp_to_geo;
create foreign data wrapper stp_to_metrics;

That syntax creates the fdw and I can create user mappings but I cannot
import any foreign schemas into my database. The error message says that
there is no handler for the fdw. That's where I'm stuck.

BTW, I did try using postgres_fdw as a handler...

create foreign data wrapper stp_to_geo handler postgres_fdw;

...but then I got these errors:
ERROR:  function postgres_fdw() does not exist
ERROR:  foreign-data wrapper "stp_to_geo" does not exist

Looks like I need to study a bit more.

Sue

---
Susan E Hurst