Re: Foreign Data Wrapper Handler

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Foreign Data Wrapper Handler
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/8/20 11:09 AM, Susan Hurst wrote:
> The first pass thru https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/fdwhandler.html
> does not tell me what I think I need to know, but I will digest this
> more thoroughly. Maybe I need to understand more of the lingo re:
> foreign data wrappers. I do understand that all fdw names must be unique
> within a database so if I want to connect to more than one foreign db, I
> need a different name for each connection. I cannot name each fdw
> postgres_fdw. I would like to name the fdws something like:
> dbname_to_foreigndbname.
>
> For example, here are 2 possible fdws:
>
> create foreign data wrapper stp_to_geo;
> create foreign data wrapper stp_to_metrics;

Aren't you looking for?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-createserver.html

"
A foreign server typically encapsulates connection information that a
foreign-data wrapper uses to access an external data resource.
Additional user-specific connection information may be specified by
means of user mappings.

The server name must be unique within the database.
"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com