Re: Utility database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Utility database
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> I like the first. The second and third seem less obvious to me.
> 'default_shared' should definitely get the point across, though it's a
> little long.

I think "shared" would give the wrong impression to many people ---
nowadays the connotation of that is something that you are exposing
to at least your local network, maybe the entire internet (think
"Windows shares").  I realize that the meaning you had in mind was
"shared among authorized users of this Postgres cluster", but I doubt
that implication will come through to very many newbies.