Re: Rolling forward to 10.1, new issue...

От Karl Denninger
Тема Re: Rolling forward to 10.1, new issue...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 1/11/2018 11:48, Tom Lane wrote:

Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> writes:
I'm starting to roll forward to 10.1 in a couple of places and have run
into a very odd problem -- the "pgcrypto" functions disappeared.
Maybe you forgot "CREATE EXTENSION"?
		regards, tom lane
Hmmm.... this was an upgrade from 9.6 and it *was* working there -- it's not a new install.  Wouldn't that persist across the upgrade and, when the "gmake install" was done on the contrib module wouldn't it be picked up?

I'll check that... it makes sense but I would have expected the roll-forward to work seamlessly (I used pg_upgrade, not a dump/restore.)

--
Karl Denninger
karl@denninger.net