Re: nooby Q: temp tables good for web apps?

От John Cheng
Тема Re: nooby Q: temp tables good for web apps?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Kenneth,

One concern I have with SSD drives is that the performance degrades over time. If you were not familiar with this issue
already,take a look at the following article.

http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=3531

It is not a huge problem and I have faith in Intel to come up with a good solution fairly quickly, but it is worth
noting.Given the cost of SSD, it does make me think that perhaps a more cost effective solution is to have plenty of
RAMon the box.

----
John L. Cheng