Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> So running it's not running with fsync off or using the ramdisk for
> stats_temp_directory. Of course, that doesn't explain why we're not
> seeing it on branches earlier than 9.5, but it could explain why we're
> only seeing it on the ecpg tests.

BTW, the evidence we already have from axolotl's last run is that
post-checkpoint shutdown in the ecpg test was pretty quick:

LOG:  database system is shut down at 2016-02-09 16:31:14.784 EST
LOG:  lock files all released at 2016-02-09 16:31:14.817 EST

However, I'd already noted from some other digging in the buildfarm
logs that axolotl's speed seems to vary tremendously.  I do not
know what else you typically run on that hardware, but putting it
under full load might help prove things.